captainsparklefists

Fuck your white heterosexual forbidden love story

I'm a fucking lady, okay. Queer. I like ladies kicking butts in whichever way they choose to. Threesomes are better than love triangles.

Parasite
Mira Grant
I Can't Think Straight
Shamim Sarif
Progress: 51 %
Project Unicorn, Volume 1: 30 Young Adult Short Stories Featuring Lesbian Heroines
Sarah Diemer, Jennifer Diemer
Progress: 71 %

Marion Zimmer Bradley's Sword of Avalon

Marion Zimmer Bradley's Sword of Avalon - Diana L. Paxson This book is paced quite oddly and I found it hard to latch onto the story for the first 150-200 pages. Paxson doesn't manage to convey the passing of time all that well, so I often found myself quite lost when exactly time has passed and how much. This gets better in the last half of the book when large periods of time aren't skipped anymore.Even though the main story is quite predictable most of the time, each character tells his or her own story and I never had the feeling I was reading a prop. However, large parts that should develop a character -- mainly Mikantor/Woodpecker -- are skipped or just mentioned in passing and should have been told on page.I was also very intrigued by and impressed with the details the author managed to work into the book. The chapter on the smithing of the Sword of Stars -- the legendary Excalibur -- is easily my favourite.In conclusion: After you get over the pacing, Sword of Avalon is a good read that can actually be enjoyed on its own but might make you curious for more.